Womensport and Recreation Tasmania Inc. (WSRT) is a dynamic group dedicated to improving opportunities in sport and regular physical activity for women and girls.
In Australia, there are only half as many women as men taking part in regular sporting activity. Womensport and Recreation Tasmania believes it is important to address this imbalance and enable and encourage women to become involved in regular physical activities.
To promote, encourage, support, inspire, motivate, facilitate, celebrate and honour regular sport, recreation and physical activity.
Womensport and Recreation Tasmania Incorporated is a group of concerned individuals and organisations with a broad range of interests in women's sport and recreation issues. Members include people interested in sports administration, coaching, officiating, participation, education, recreation and leisure.
- To provide a platform for women’s sport and recreation groups to communicate and share their common problems and solutions.
- To act as a united group to inform and lobby legislators and decision makers to include sport and physical recreation issues for both genders on agendas at state and federal levels.
- To make public comment about issues facing women in sport and physical recreation.
- To provide support to sporting organisations in their actions to address inequitable practices.
- To promote media coverage of women in sport.
- To encourage all women to participate in physical activity.
- An organisation representing the interests of women and girls in sport and physical recreation activities.
- Access to a network for mentoring, information and sharing, education, training and opinions.
- Access to state issues and activities relating to women and sport and recreation.
- Direct input into facilitating change and increased opportunities for women and girls.
- Opportunities for promoting specific skills and expertise.